Russell K. Whitener, Founder (1948-2013)

Under the direction of Russell K. Whitener, Whitener Law Firm, P.A. became one of Albuquerque’s premier personal injury law firms. That tradition continues.

Whitener Law Firm, P.A. purchased downtown offices in the historic Third Central Plaza building on the corner of Third Street and Central Avenue in 1999. In November 2008 the construction of the Whitener Building was completed and Whitener Law Firm, P.A. moved to its current location.

Russell always believed strongly in putting the client first. Whitener Law Firm, P.A. strives to provide exceptional personal service to its clients. Each incoming call is answered by a live receptionist. ‘Every person who calls, client or not, should be able to voice their concerns and problems to a person, not a machine’ was our founder’s belief, and an ongoing practice at the firm. Mr. Whitener’s philosophy was that the firm should not receive more in attorney’s fees than the client ‘gets in his pocket’, a practice that we still follow.

It is the firm’s commitment to clients that has led Whitener Law Firm, P.A. to benefit from many client referrals and a high number of returning clients. It is the positive perception of Whitener Law Firm, P.A. in the community that has allowed the business to flourish. The firm’s employees have developed excellent relationships with medical providers as well as with those in the insurance industry.

We also continue in our commitment to give back to our community. Former clients seek advice long after their cases have been closed and they’re never turned away. Whitener Law Firm, P.A. has helped thousands of clients over the years by collecting tens of millions of dollars for their injuries, helping them recover and establish their lives once again.