An automobile accident with serious injuries can have an impact on the lives of people involved in the accident as well as the lives of their family members. Automobile accidents can cause the loss of income, property, health and even death. Whitener Law Firm, P.A. knows your life can change in just a few short moments. Whitener Law Firm, P.A. can help put your life back together and get you the compensation you deserve.
What to do if you are in a auto accident:
- Contact the Police: The police will help to control the situation and will also provide a police report. The police report will often provide information about who is believed to be at fault for the accident.
- Obtain Contact Information: It is important to get the contact information of all parties involved in the accident. It is also important to get the contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident. It is important for your lawyer to have contact information for each witness in order to gather valuable evidence to evaluate your claim.
- Obtain Vehicle Information: Obtain vehicle information for all vehicles involved in the accident. This includes driver license numbers, license plate numbers and vehicle identification numbers of all vehicles as well as the make, model and year.
- Obtain Insurance Information: You will also need to obtain all insurance companies’ names, addresses, telephone numbers and policy numbers for each vehicle involved.
- Take Pictures: Photos of your vehicle and the accident scene can be helpful to your claim because they provide valuable evidence regarding what happened and how it happened. (Use your cell phone.)
- Seek Medical Attention: It is imperative that you receive prompt medical attention if you have been injured. Often times you will not feel pain right away and some injuries are not immediately apparent. However, you should be evaluated by a physician to get a better idea of the nature and extent of your injuries.
When you or a loved one has been involved in an automobile accident, the damages are not only limited to your vehicle. Additional damages may include:
- Medical Bills
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental Anguish
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Property Damage
Our law firm has a well-earned reputation for providing aggressive and high quality representation, and we know the law. If you or a loved one was injured in a auto accident, please contact us for a free consultation so we can put our resources to work for you.