Car accidents are unfortunately all too common in Albuquerque. According to the New Mexico Department of Transportation, there were 11,067 car crashes in Albuquerque in 2017 alone which averages to 30 crashes per day. When you’re involved in a serious accident at the hand of a negligent driver, it can be difficult to know where to turn. Whitener Law Firm will fight for you and demand justice and compensation after an accident.
Types of Car Accidents
There are different types of car accidents, and some of the most common include:
- Rear-end collisions: These occur when one automobile strikes the back of another. They frequently result from distracted driving, tailgating, or poor weather conditions.
- Side-impact collisions: Also known as T-bone accidents, these happen when the front of one car hits the side of another. They often result in severe injuries to the occupants of the vehicle that was hit.
- Head-on collisions: This happens when two cars meet head-on with each other. They commonly result from driver error, such as driving on the wrong side of the road or falling asleep at the wheel.
- Rollover mishaps These happen when a car overturns. They are often caused by speeding, sudden swerving, or driving on slick roads.
Actions you Should Take After a Car Accident
Nobody wants to be in a car accident. But if you find yourself involved in a collision in Albuquerque, there are some essential guidelines to follow to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights. First, if anyone has a car accident injury, call 911 for medical assistance. If the accident is blocking traffic or otherwise poses a danger, call the police so they can investigate and clear the scene.
Next, share insurance information with the other party. Be sure to get their name, contact information, and policy number. You can also take photographs of the vehicle damage and any visible injuries.
Once you have this information, you should talk to a car accident lawyer at Whitener Law Firm about your case. Our experienced attorneys can help you navigate the complex legal process and help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Compensation Available to Car Accident Victims
You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. The amount of compensation you can receive will depend on:
- The severity of your injuries
- The amount of damage to your vehicle
- Level of personal fault in the accident
Experienced Car Accident Attorneys in New Mexico
At Whitener Law Firm, we have extensive experience handling car accident cases in Albuquerque, NM. We can assist you in difficult legal procedures and fight for the compensation you are entitled to. We’ll review your case and advise you on the best course of action. You deserve justice after an accident resulting from the negligence of another. Contact Whitener Law Firm today for a free consultation.